Spicy Soft Tofu Stew
Sundubu-jjigae is a spicy stew made with soft uncoagulated tofu that is produced by compressing and curdling tofu to remove excess water. There are numerous variations of this dish consisting of seafood, beef, pork and/or vegetable contents.
- Marinade pork with ginger juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and minced garlic.
- In a pot, add vegetable oil and sauté pork.
- Add hot pepper flakes (gochu-garu) and keep stir.
- Add water and kimchi, bring to a boil.
- Scoop in sundubu with a spoon.
- Reduce heat, add saeujeot (salted fermented shrimp)
- Add chilies, green onions and clams. Cook for 1 minute or so.
- Finish with egg yolk (or whole) in the center and a dash of sesame oil.
- Serve with rice.