Bibimbap is a famous Korean food which is composed of steamed rice, minced beef and other vegetables. Gochujang, a red chili paste along with sesame seed oil adds a mild tangy flavor to Bibimbap. People from all over the world can enjoy this as healthy food.
150g rice, 30g beef (top round or sirloin) (sub.: chicken, pork, squid, shrimp, etc.)
(Beef seasoning: 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp sesame oil)
20g bean sprout (sub.: mung bean sprout), 20g shiitake mushroom (sub.: any mushroom), 20g carrot, 20g zucchini, 20g radish, 1 egg (raw or sunny-side-up)
- Make rice
- Season beef (thin strips or ground beef) and cook quickly over high heat.
- Lightly boil bean sprout, then rinse in cold water and drain.
- Julienne mushroom, carrot, zucchini and radish and stir-fry separately.
- Combine all ingredients for chili paste sauce and simmer on medium heat. Keep stirring so that it doesn’t burn.
- Make sunnyside- up egg.
- In a deep bowl, put rice and neatly arrange 2, 3 and 4 over rice. Put egg in the center and serve with chili paste sauce.