- Wash sweet rice and put it in water for awhile.
- Take seeds out of dates and roll them up.
- Put the date seeds and flash that came with the seeds in a pot with water and boil it.
If the water color changes after a while, melt cinnamon and sugar in it.
- Drain sweet rice and put it in a rice cooker mixing with soy sauce, sesame oil, and corn syrup. Use the date seed water to cook rice. Just put enough to barely cover the ingredient. (don’t cover it completely)
- Mix in chest nuts and dates. Do not put raisins yet. If you put raisins now they burn and make everything bitter.
- Start the rice cook in the regular mode.
- When finished, empty the sweet rice into a big bowl with raisins and mix it gently.
If you mix violently chest nuts get crushed.
- Get a shaped container lined with sesame oil lightly.
Put the Yak Sik in the container and cool.
- Serve it on a plate with date garnish.