Read Time:1 Minute, 25 Second
Sweet potato starch noodles stir fried with vegetables
Japchae, sweet potato starch noodles stir fried with vegetables and meat, is one of Korea’s best-loved dishes.
- Put the sweet potato starch noodles into the boiling water, cover and cook for 1 minute. Stir them with a wooden spoon so they don’t stick together. Cover and keep cooking for another 7 minutes until the noodles are soft and chewy.
- Strain and cut them a few times with kitchen scissors. Put the noodles into the large bowl next to the spinach. Add 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Mix well by hand or a wooden spoon. This process will season the noodles and also keep the noodles from sticking to each other.
- Pre-season beef (thin strips or ground beef) and cook quickly over high heat.
- Julienne mushroom, zucchini and carrot and cook each ingredient separately in oiled pan.
- Make seasoning sauce.
- In a pan, bring 4 to a boil then add the noodles. Simmer until noodles absorb all the sauce then remove from heat.
- Add beef, vegetables, sesame oil and sesame seeds to 5 and mix. After mix it and transfer it to a large plate and serve.