Steamed egg in an earthenware bowl
Steamed egg cooked in an earthenware bowl is called ttukbaegi gyeranjjim because ttukbaegi means “earthenware bowl” in English and gyeranjjimmeans “steamed egg mixture.”
- Add 1½ cups of chicken broth to a 3 cup earthenware bowl. Boil over medium high heat.
- Add 3 cracked eggs and 1 egg yolk to a bowl.
- Add 1 to fish sauce and 2 tbsp chopped green onion to the eggs. Beat well.
- When the chicken broth starts boiling, lower the heat to a simmer.
- Add the egg mixture to the simmering broth and stir it well with a fork well for 10 seconds.
- Close the lid and simmer another 4-5 minutes until the egg mixture sizzles and has a texture like soft tofu.
- Open the lid and turn off the heat. Drizzle 2 ts sesame oil and sprinkle 1 tbsp chopped green onion over top. Serve hot as a side dish with rice.