Read Time:1 Minute, 26 Second
- Obtain 5 strips of bacon and cut it into ½-inch pieces. I used turkey bacon this time.
- Chop ½ cup worth of onion, ½ cup worth of broccoli, ½ cup worth of button mushrooms, ⅓ cup worth of red sweet pepper, and ⅓ cup worth of yellow sweet pepper into bite sized pieces. Slice 1 Tbsp worth of garlic thinly. This dish normally does not have the sweet peppers and mushrooms; I added them for better color and nutrition.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of salted butter in a heated pan. Add the garlic, mushroom, and onion. Fry for about a minute on medium-high.
- Add the bacon and fry for another 2 minutes on medium-high.
- Pour 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 1 cup of milk into the pan.
- Add 3 cups of sticky rice cakes. Once the milk and whipping cream stars to boil, cook for 3 minutes on medium-high. Occasionally stir it so the sticky rice cakes will not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chopped sweet peppers and broccoli.
- Mix in 2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese, ¼ tsp of salt, and 2 pinches of black pepper. Depend on your tastes, you can adjust these amounts.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until the rice cakes become soft on medium-high. When the sauce thickens, it is done.