Ojinguh chomuchim is a sweet and spicy side dish made with fresh vegetables and blanched squid. Though not a mandatory ingredient, minari (dropwort) adds a unique and refreshing flavor to this dish.Ojinguh chomuchim is the perfect blend of spicy, sweet, and sour that will surely satisfy your appetite.
- Clean up the squid.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a pot on high heat.
- After the water starts boiling, add the squid to the pot. Cook on high heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from water and let it cool on the side.
- Cut the legs into 2 inch long strips. Cut the body to ⅜ inch thickness to form rings.
- Make seasoning -Combine 2 tablespoons of hot pepper paste, 3 tablespoons of red chili flakes, 3 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of malt syrup, 3 tablespoons of vinegar, 2 teaspoon of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of chopped green onion, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Marinate the squid with the seasoning for 10 min.
- Wash, peel and julienne ⅓ cucumber, ¼ carrot and ½ onion.
- Minari in cold water and drain. Then cut into 2 inch lengths.
- Add the vegetables to the marinated squid and mix gently.