- 1 package of Chapagetti instant noodles (labelled “Chapagetti” on the package in English)
- 1 package of Neoguri instant noodles – Beef steak, optional
- 8 ounces rib eye steak or sirloin, cut into ½ inch cubes / a pinch of salt / a pinch of ground black pepper / 1 teaspoon vegetable oil / 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1.Open both packages and take out the noodles and all the packets from both.
- Chapagetti has noodles with 3 packets: one for black bean paste seasoning powder, one for seasoning oil, and one for vegetable flakes.
- Neoguri has thicker noodles with 2 packets: one for spicy seasoning powder and one for vegetable flakes.
2. Combine the beef, salt, pepper, and the vegetable oil in a small pan and mix it well with a wooden spoon. Add the butter, stir and mix well and cook another minute. Remove from the heat.
3. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Add both kinds of noodles and both packets of vegetable flakes.
4. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring and turning with tongs or long chopsticks to separate the noodles and cook them evenly.
5. Strain the noodles over a medium-sized bowl, and then put the noodles and the cooked flakes back into the pot.
6. Measure 1 cup of the strained hot noodle water and put it back into the pot. Add black bean paste seasoning powder, and ½ of the spicy seasoning powder from the Neoguri package, and the beef (if used). Stir and mix for 1 to 2 minutes until everything is well incorporated.
7. Remove from the heat, add the seasoning oil and stir it in. Transfer the noodles to a large plate and serve right away.